Quality – Certificates
Halva has in recent years made significant efforts in improving the quality of the company’s operations. We consider impeccable quality as one of the most important competition factors. In recognition of the long-term business development Inspecta granted the ISO 9001 quality certificate. The certificate encompasses the company’s entire business. In 2004 Inspecta granted the ISO 14001 environmental certificate. The certificate covers all activities at both the Helsinki and Vantaa facilities.
In 2013 Inspecta granted the ISO 22000 product safety certificate. This certificate is to guarantee a high level of product safety.
Halva has made continuous work and efforts in the field of product safety management. Our product safety fulfils even tighter technical standards nowadays. Therefore Halva has been granted the product safety certificate of a higher level, namely FSSC 22000 in June 2015.
In 2020 Halva received an ISO 28000 certification for its Supply Chain Security Management system.
These certifications show that Halva is committed to the continuous improvement and development of the business operations in order to achieve better quality and that product safety and environmental considerations are of paramount importance to the company.
We invest heavily in sustainable development by decreasing emissions, by using more environmental friendly packaging materials and by increasing the recyclability of our waste:
- we will use more recyclable plastic materials
- we will reduce the use of plastic by starting using more wood-based, carbon neutral plastic materials.
- we have stopped using palm oil altogether as the cultivation of palms often lead to deforestation of rainforests
- byproducts from our production are used to make feed for pigs
Sustainability – reducing carbon footprint by 25 %
During year 2020 we will take the following measures to reduce our energy use:
- heating of the factory and curing rooms will be carried out by central heating
- All lightning is replaced by led-lights
- new, modern air ventilation machinery will be taken into use, which use much less energy and reuses heat
Through these measures the carbon footprint of the factory will reduce by 25 %.